The development of digital oscilloscope greatly reduce the difficulty of low-speed bus debugging, whether it is IIC, SPI or CAN, the oscilloscope can directly convert the waveform into data. There is an oscilloscope which can directly crack plentiful kinds of communication protocols, let’s have a look.
Before specific explaining of oscilloscope decoding, let’s see how the protocol decoding changes by the develop of oscilloscope
1. The development of oscilloscope brings convenience to protocol decoding
The oscilloscope has evolved from analog oscilloscopes to digital oscilloscopes, bringing many major changes, such as signal acquisition, bandwidth, sampling rate, and display. Similarly, this change is also reflected in the "protocol decoding", the new way to decode frees people from full of "0", "1", greatly improving the efficiency.
Here, we look specifically at the changes of protocol decoding by the development of oscilloscope.
2. Initial Protocol Decoding
The initial oscilloscope can only achieve simple waveform display and data measurement, if we need to know the deep meaning of a protocol waveform, we have to analyze it section by section,
For example: observe the IIC protocol, a clock signal, a data signal, we need to follow the clock and data signal one by one corresponding to the 0/1 combination of conversion, to "translate" into the form we need, and then match with the corresponding physical value. This is not only large workload, low efficiency, but also prone to error.
3. Recent Protocol Decoding
Directly decode waveform data presented in hexadecimal, decimal form or character. Save the time to converse and greatly accelerate the develop efficiency.
- OWON Share – PC Software for Bluetooth Multimeter released
- OWON new product – XDS 4-channel Oscilloscope
- Lilliput (OWON) Product Share - Spectrum Analyzer XSA1000 series
- OWON on the road - great effect on U.S. International Microwave Show
- Lilliput (OWON) @ 2017 HKEF (Spring Edition) (Hong Kong)
- OWON XDM3041 - new memeber enrolls in OWON XDM series product
- high level models from XDS introduced more options
- Lilliput (OWON) @ 2016 HKEF (AE) (Hong Kong)
- Lilliput (OWON) @ NEPCON Vietnam 2016 (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Lilliput (OWON) @ The 6th CACF (Bankok, Thailand)